Are you having trouble coming up with a social media marketing plan? In this day and age, digital marketing is the holy grail for advertisers. Coming up with the best social media strategy for a business might prove to be a challenge if you own a startup business. Here are some things that you may want to keep in mind while selecting the best social media marketing plan for your business.
A good social media marketing plan is crucial to the success to any company’s digital marketing strategies. However, if these plans are not incorporated correctly, they will not add value to your business. Social media can be used in three aspects: establishing and growing brand awareness, gaining qualified leads and improving customer relationships.
If you own a business, it is important to create a social media marketing plan and sticking to it. To increase the effectiveness of the social media plan, you can gain help from a social media marketing agency, which is an expert of its field. Also, don’t forget to refer to our blog on ALL ABOUT CHOOSING THE RIGHT SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING AGENCY. List below are the basic best social media strategies for business in any department. You can click here to know about HOW TO INCREASE SALES FOR A STARTUP VENTURE FREE OF COST.
Organic and paid publicity on Facebook
Facebook advertisements should be a part of your social media marketing plan since they are cheap and easy to accessible to a good number of people. There are several methods out there to research your target audience.
- Facebook users are interested in seeing videos, photos, news articles and updates from their friends and family more than other brands. Over the years, the prices for advertising on Facebook had gone up due to severe competition. Facebook inserts paid ads on the home screens of the targeted audience. Usually clicking on these ads will lead the users to your company’s website.
- Organic ads involve people viewing your company page, which is free. They do this because their friend likes or follows your Page, engages with a post, shares a photo of your Page and checks into your Page.
Organic marketing on various other channels
Apart from Facebook, there are other social media channels such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. Doing organic marketing involves constructing a community. Your idea of popularity on social media should not be focused on earning followers, but on making a community.
Psychological persuasion and creativity should be employed in your social media marketing plan to enamor and enchant people. There should be constant interaction between you and the people via social media. Here are a few tactics to do this:
- Humor and wit is essential in your ad content. Agencies, who are expert in this field, will make your page entertaining and attractive. They use images that are of top-quality, so that people may be tempted to share them on social media. Encourage blogs, testimonials and reviews about your page.
- Engage with your followers directly as a part of your best social media strategy for business. It includes retweeting, asking questions, running a contest, or even making innovative catchy hashtags. Make them feel like you are attainable and watchful of their needs. Reply to their comments and reviews. Attend to the complaints.
- As a brand-owner, your participation in twitter chats with followers can prove to be the best social media strategy for business. They are very entertaining and engaging to people on a personal level. You can also connect with other brands via these chats, leading to the exchange of friendship and experience. It is a good way to gain more followers. It is also a good way to find new leads, establish brand authority, forge strong relationships with influencers in your industry, and further expose your brand.
Social media marketing plan: Paid ads on different channels
As a part of the social media marketing plan, agencies post paid ads on different social media platforms like Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn. These ads appear on the home screens of the target audience. You might also want to know 10 UNUSUAL PLACES WHERE TOP ADVERTISING AGENCIES PUT ADS. When they click on these ads, they lead the user to the product’s website. Go through the COMMON PAYMENT TERMS OF ADVERTISING to know what payment options agencies provide with. The payment is on a pay-per-click basis. It results in effective increase of search engine traffic.
Social Media Marketing Plan: Social Media Movements
Select the best social platforms for marketing that involve making social media campaigns that run on every social media platform: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, Pinterest and so on. Make sure there is a charitable, inspirational, or emotional element attached to this movement.
- One way of achieving this is to ensure your company is involved in volunteer work. This would create an engaging psychological effect on the followers.
- You can promote a charitable organization on your platform like The Red Cross Society, The Make A Wish Foundation, etc. to create a wide impact. Getting the knack of it would be easy, if you learn it from the NGO’s marketing strategy. Read the blog on SOCIAL ENTERPRISE MARKETING STRATEGY: GENERATING FUNDS FOR NGOs.
- Engage in storytelling as a part of your social media marketing plan. People love hearing inspirational stories that pull at their heartstrings.
- Create an innovative catchy hashtag that has a chance of going viral on social media. For example, Coca Cola brought out the #ShareACoke phenomenon on social media.
Social Media Marketing Plan: Influences
Be it any industry or product, influences are a big part of any social media marketing plan. You should make a list of influences in your industry and reach out to them. Having your product being promoted by an influencer is a great way to generate more leads and earn more followers. However, the difficult part lies in getting in touch with these people. Here are some tactics to connect to influencers:
- Like, comment, and re-share the content created by the influencer. But, do not do that with every post as it may seem desperate and foolish. Show interest in posts that you actually like and associate with your company’s product or services.
- Tweeting them is the best social media strategy for business when it comes to answering your product-related questions they might have. It may flatter them.
- Send them free products or services and request them to review them on their page or website.
So, when it comes to selecting the best social platforms for marketing, you must consider three aspects: constructing a social network to bridge the gap between you and your customers, sharing content on your social media channel and building relationship with influencers.
You can try out all the above mentioned ways of social media marketing and choose which one fits your business the best. In addition to it, look up for different marketing tactics to boost your business along with social media marketing. Refer to our blog on THE MOST IMPORTANT DIGITAL MARKETING TACTICS TO DRIVE SALES to know about other digital marketing strategies.