Paid advertising should be a part of your digital marketing strategy, if you want to gain more. The best paid online advertising platform for you, depends on the brand’s audience and goals. With billions of people using the internet, it is a good idea to leverage your visibility through paid advertising. This blog lists the top paid advertising channels that are available to digital marketers and their effectiveness.
Paid online advertising includes search engine marketing and any other kind of paid advertising, which is done to promote a brand. While SEO is essential for organic traffic, paid online advertising channels are effective in building brand visibility.
Top paid advertising channels
Mentioned below are popular online advertising channels including websites for Search engine marketing (SEM), paid social media advertising, and more.
- Google Ads: GoogleAds is one of the best websites for search engine marketing (SEM), for all kinds of businesses. It displays advertisements on its search result pages and also on partner websites. Google ads might be a bit overwhelming for beginners, but with time, it is easy to learn and gain the benefits it offers. The best practice for Google Ads is to set a budget and target strategically, A/B test the advertisements, and keep on working to make the ads more cost-effective.
- Bing Ads: Bing ads is probably one of the best google ads (Adwords) alternatives. Bing is a search engine that is used by millions of people worldwide. Thus, advertising on just google means that businesses lose out on a number of business opportunities that Bing has to offer. One advantage of Bing is that it allows you to import your google ads campaign. Thus, you can save time and energy required in building a new campaign from scratch.
- Facebook ads: With more than 2 billion active users, Facebook marketing is one of the best ways to promote a brand. Since gaining organic traffic on Facebook is a daunting task, paid advertising is a good way to reach your target audience. The option of targeted advertising allows brands to promote content to an audience that is more qualified. Ad options on Facebook include awareness, consideration and conversion ads, which have more options according to the advertisers’ needs.
- Sponsored content via influencers: Sponsored content provides value to customers and boosts sales for businesses. It is one of the top paid advertising channels with the best conversion rates. Sponsored content is basically the promotion of your brand or its products and services through influencers. Influencers have an already established audience that trusts their reviews and product recommendations. Through influencers in their niche, businesses can easily promote their products to an audience that is qualified and interested. Generally, advertisers choose influencers on YouTube or Instagram.
- Paid Discovery: Paid discovery allows you to promote content on pages with a similar niche or audience. Paid discovery uses recommendation tools to recommend content that readers might be interested in. When using paid content discovery, promote blogs that have the highest engagement or conversion. RevContent, Yahoo Gemini, Taboola, and Outbrain are some of the best-paid discovery platforms.
To know about the benefits of Google Ads, read our blog: ADVERTISING ON GOOGLE ADS: BENEFITS AND WORKING.
Effectiveness of top paid advertising channels
- Provides better audience targeting: Unpaid promotion channels do provide traffic to a website. But, it is not necessary that the audience that reaches the website, is highly qualified. Paid channels, on the other hand, allow you to target the audience based on similar location, demography, or interests. Thus, paid online advertising allows advertisers to reach an audience that is likely to be interested in the products.
- Better control: In paid advertising, you have control over the ad campaigns. These platforms allow advertisers to tailor the ads according to their goals, which helps brands to target a highly qualified audience. The budget, the ads, targeting, etc. is all in the hands of the advertisers.
- Greater reach: Through paid online advertising, advertisers can reach a wider audience. The top paid advertising channels allow your content to be promoted to people, who otherwise might not see it through organic promotions.
- Immediate results: Organic promotion takes time to bring results. With online advertising, results can be seen almost immediately after the campaign is started. This is beneficial to new businesses or brands with new websites.
- Higher conversion rates: Paid advertising results in higher conversion rates. When brands consider a specific target audience, paid advertising allows an interested and highly qualified audience to discover them. Better targeting eventually results in higher conversion rates.
The internet is a powerful marketing tool that businesses can use to leverage their marketing strategy. It is an effective way to target prospects and to generate qualified leads. The effectiveness of this method depends on how effective the ads are. To create the best ads, use A/B testing, and analyze the results of the campaigns regularly. If used the right way, the top paid advertising channels can drastically boost traffic and ROI.