Structured data plays an important role by delivering easily indexable content. There are several formatting options available like microdata, RDFa etc. All of them are beneficial as they create better websites for both humans and search engines. JSON-LD is a structured markup which is considered to be easier to implement than other types of structured languages. This is because of the less risk of errors and the fact that you don’t have to rely on a developer to implement it. This blog highlights how to implement JSON-LD for better Search Engine Optimisation.
Embed the JSON-LD between the <script> tags in the <head> of HTML. So, one can simply paste the markup within the HTML document rather than wrapping it around the HTML elements.
Also, do check our next blog on HOW TO USE SCHEMA MARKUP TO BOOST ON-PAGE SEO. Further reading the PARAMETERS OF OFF PAGE SEO: KNOW HOW OFF PAGE SEO IS DONE, that also plays a key role in your SEO strategy.
JSON-LD for better Search Engine Optimisation: JSON vs JSON-LD
It is a flexible format for exchanging data between several types of applications. It is relatively easy for humans to write and for machines to parse and generate. JSON-LD is similar to JSON but has the linked data aspect. JSON objects basically signifies the data linked to the webpage. On the other hand, JSON-LD offers benefits through maintaining its compatibility with schema.org. Next, it allows you to provide in-depth and consistent web components. Consequently, it improves the indexing and the display of rich snippets in SERPs.
JSON-LD for better Search Engine Optimisation: How does JSON-LD work
Data on a webpage is disconnected. JSON-LD annotates elements on a page and structures the data. Then search engines use it to ascertain the elements and establish facts surrounding the entities. By using JSON-LD for better search engine optimisation, you make it easier for humans to view information, while Google bots are able to retrieve information for indexing in a better way.
You may also like to visit & check how to IMPROVE SEO WITH LATENT SEMANTIC INDEXING, that will help you facing the tough competition in SEO.
- Context: @context is the vocabulary to which the data is linked to, it references schema.org. Any kind of properties and types can be used with this.
- Type: The @type specification labels the entity that is being referred to in the code.
JSON-LD for better Search Engine Optimisation: How to implement it
- Determine content and goals: Determine the content that you want to mark up with the schema.org vocabulary. Also determine the goals for which you want to mark it up. Do you want to help search engines understand vital information or demonstrate that you are a great resource?
- Open schema.org item type page: Read the technical documentation page to know what the item entails and its properties.
- Copy/Paste: Copy and paste the <script>, @context and @type elements.
- Add item type: Add your decided item type which you want to mark up as the value of @type.
- List item properties and values
- Add JSON-LD syntax and do nesting
- Test: Test using Google structured data testing tool to see if the code was implemented correctly.
- Add it to the HTML: Paste the code into the <head> section.
In short, a lot of websites do not use JSON-LD or they don’t use the proper syntax while implementing it. We can use JSON-LD to leverage visibility and help Google to index a website better. It is simple and very effective method to boost rankings. You may like to link your data for easier indexing with JSON-LD for better search engine optimisation. In case you find it complicated, do contact professionals to handle all your SEO work.