YouTubers generally start with the aim of creating something of value and engaging for the audience. They earn their audience through creating content that is interesting, entertaining and informative. A lot of YouTubers earn millions through their videos, the amount usually depends on the niche and the level of engagement. Not just channles with millions of subscribers can monetize videos on YouTube. Even, smaller channels can make money from YouTube videos.
Along with the subscriber count, your engagement rate, type of videos and the right use of revenue channels can allow you to make money from YouTube videos. Monetization of YouTube videos can be done once you have 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours within the last 12 months. In case you want to promote your channel to get the basic amount of subscribers required, you can use Google Ads. Click on ‘ADVERTISING ON GOOGLE ADS: BENEFITS AND WORKING‘, to get the best advertising results through Google Adwords.
It is easy to monetize videos on YouTube. Listed below are a few ways to earn revenue from your YouTube videos:
Use Google Adsense to monetize videos on YouTube
YouTube can advertise on your videos, you can sign up with AdSense and earn for the ads that are posted on your videos.
Steps to set up an AdSense account:
- Sign in to your google account.
- Go to https://www.google.com/adsense/signup.
- Enter the Url of your website and your email address.
- Choose whether you want AdSense to send you help and performance suggestions.
- Select your country.
- Review the terms and conditions before ticking the ‘yes I have read and accept the agreement option.
- Enter your account type (individual or business)
- Fill your address.
- Click submit.
- Connect Adsense to your website by pasting the code between the <head> and </head> tags of your website.
- Click done.
- Your account takes up to a day to activate.
- Once your account is activated, go to Adsense and click the payments option.
- Click on manage payment methods in how you get paid category.
- Add in your bank account details and click submit. (Payment methods vary from country to country. Choose the option that fits you best.) You can now monetize videos on youtube.
Enable monetization on your videos
Enabling monetization allows you to run ads on YouTube video and earn through the ads that show up on your videos.
- Once you have signed up with AdSense, login to your YouTube channel.
- In channel settings, select the option ‘Enable Monetization’.
- Check the agreement boxes.
- Click I accept to enable monetization.
- In channel settings, click ‘Verify’.
- Enter your phone number and choose to get the code via SMS or call.
- Click submit.
- You are verified once you get the code.
- Go to the video manager.
- Select individual videos you want monetization to be enabled on.
- Click on ‘Monetize’ from the actions menu.
- Select the type of ads you want to appear in your videos.
- Click monetize.
- YouTube takes up to 48 hours to accept or reject videos after checking if they meet the requirements.
- Associate your Adsense account with your YouTube channel to monetize videos on YouTube.
- In the account monetization status page, click on Adsense settings.
- Select your google account.
- In my website field, add the URL of your YouTube account.
- Click submit.
Provide product reviews to monetize your videos on YouTube
You can partner with various businesses and upload reviews about their products to make money from YouTube videos. Businesses usually sponsor review videos and let the YouTubers keep the products for personal use. Pick products that are related to your videos instead of reviewing all kinds of products. Make it easy for brands to contact you by including contact information in your description. Brand deals and sponsorships can also be done by providing reviews. They pay YouTubers to create a video about their products. You can even reach out to brands for sponsorship opportunities.
View our blog to know more about how to develop the best YouTube Ads for your business.
Use paid content to monetize videos on YouTube
On YouTube, there is content that has to be paid for before watching. Viewers can opt for monthly or yearly subscriptions to watch content from paid channels. This is available in selected countries. You can ask viewers to watch paid videos through subscriptions or purchasing or renting individual videos.
Affiliate Marketing to monetize videos on YouTube
This is another method to monetize YouTube videos. Youtubers generally upload videos about a particular product or brand. They give links where their viewers can buy those products. Here, the brand pays the YouTubers based on the number of sales they generate. Affiliate marketing can be done through review videos, how to videos, best of a particular kind of products videos, etc.
These are some of the popular and easy methods to monetize videos on YouTube. As your channel grows in popularity, many more options to make money from YouTube videos will open up for you. Endorsing brands, becoming a YouTube partner, merchandising, etc are some of the options that open up with the increase in your subscribers and views.
Visit our blog on ‘7 TACTICS TO INCREASE YOUTUBE SUBSCRIBERS‘ to increase more subscribers to your YouTube channel.