Advertising on YouTube is one of the best ways to promote a brand and to reach a wider audience. Strategically designed static or video ads on YouTube can send a message across to the target audience in the most effective and engaging way. This blog highlights essential tips to create effective YouTube ads, which will strike a chord with your audience.
YouTube ads are growing in popularity. Nowadays, businesses opt to promote themselves with the help of video content. Surprisingly, YouTube ads are less expensive than traditional ads. YouTube offers an engaging way for brands to connect with their audience to drive more traffic, boost brand awareness, and generate sales. Also follow this guide to Learn 7 Amazing Tactics To Attract and Increase YouTube Subscribers.
Tips to create the best YouTube ads to ensure effective results:
1. Choose the ad format according to your goals
YouTube provides advertisers with a variety of ad formats. To deliver effective results, formats are chosen according to the type/category of the campaign. The types of ad formats available are:
- Display ads: These ads are shown only to desktop viewers. Display ads appear on the right side of the currently playing video as sponsored content. Such ads are best for branding and are based on pay per view bidding.
- Skippable video ads: In-stream ads are played before a video starts, during the video or after the video ends. These ads can be skipped by viewers after the first 5 seconds. Like display ads, these are based on pay per view bidding type and are best for branding. Skippable video ads are shown on desktops, tablets, mobiles, TV, etc.
- Non-skippable video ads: These ads are non-skippable and advertisers pay through the PPC method. These also appear before, during or after the main video. Such ads should ideally be 15 to 20 seconds long. Non-skippable ads are best for sales campaigns.
- Bumper ads: These are 6 second long, non-skippable ads and are pay per view type. Such ads are good for branding purposes and for teasers.
- Overlay ads: These are semi-transparent static ads that appear in the lower area of the main video. These are best for generating clicks to a website or are used as CTAs.
- Sponsored cards: Such ads display content, which is relevant to the main video. These ads are used to compel viewers to click on other videos.
Video advertisements have become an important parameter for any company or business to attract viewers/target audience. So, while creating a video, it is very important for a marketer and a video production company to work together in sync, in order to deliver effective results. Follow this guide to Understand The Process Of Working With A Video Production Company.
2. Use easy language in your ads
Keep the language simple. Using jargon and technical phrases to deliver the message will confuse the viewers. To create effective YouTube ads, it is essential to use clear, easy and concise language. Avoid using acronyms as well.
3. Keep the ad length short
Since there is no specified time limit for video ads, many marketers are tempted to create ads that are long. YouTube allows a lot of time limit for businesses to give better information about their products and services. But, creating ads which are too long will not be able to retain the viewers’ attention. To attract viewers, a good time limit for a YouTube video ad is to keep the length of the ad in between 90 to 120-seconds.
4. Use YouTube targeting options
Youtube is used by billions of people in many countries across the world. By using the targeting options of YouTube, you can make sure that the ads reach to the right target audience. Targeting can be done on the basis of location, demographic factors, interests, re-marketing lists, placements, topics, and keywords. If you want to create an effective YouTube ad to receive the maximum output, make sure that you make effective use of the targeting options.
5. Create interesting ads that keep viewers engaged
The answer to the question of how to create the best YouTube ad is to publish engaging content. Remember that YouTube gives the option to its viewers to skip the ad, so if we want our audience to stay and watch our content, it is important for us to make the ad interesting. Create an advertisement with which the audience can relate to in a natural manner. While creating an ad, keep in mind to add entertainment to a story, to make the audience laugh, keep them engaged, or use emotions to connect with the audience, etc.
6. Add interactive links
You can add interactive links, which take the viewers to a landing page or another video when clicked. In addition, CTAs and cards can be added to compel them to take an action or to showcase your products. Using links to drive actions like downloads, sales, etc. is an attractive strategy for YouTube video ads.
The effectiveness of a YouTube ad depends upon the content. The factor that affects the success of any YouTube ad is the way a story is told. Thus, to create an effective YouTube ad, it is important to produce content, which connects with the audience.
Check out these related guides to understand the importance of video marketing in App Store Optimization and Mobile App Marketing to attract the target audience of your business:
- APP STORE OPTIMIZATION: A KEY ELEMENT OF MOBILE APP MARKETING
- MOBILE APP MARKETING: HOW TO INCREASE THE VISIBILITY OF YOUR APP