Today, if a business wants to promote its products and services or increase brand awareness, digital marketing is the best way to achieve that. Knowing how to do digital marketing has become really important, because these tools help you become visible online, target the right audience, generate leads, get sales, etc. This blog covers all the tools that are used in digital marketing and aims to make you understand the fundamentals of digital marketing.
Digital marketing refers to all the promotional efforts that are done online. Businesses advertise their brand, products, and services through various channels. And these channels include a variety of platforms. Such as, social media, search engines, mobile apps, paid channels of advertising, online PR, etc. The main motive of digital marketing is to increase online presence, while developing relationships with prospects and current customers.
Overview of Digital Marketing Tools
- SEO: SEO is the process of optimizing content and technical aspects of a website to enhance rankings on SERPs.
- SEM: SEM is a process of gaining website traffic through paid ads on search engines. Click here to know the difference between SEO and SEM.
- Bulk Marketing: This includes SMS and Email marketing. Bulk marketing is sending emails or SMSs to a number of people at the same time for promotional purposes.
- Video Marketing: It is the process of creating a video to promote a brand, products or services.
- Content Marketing: A marketing technique that involves creating content that isn’t promotional, it is of value and provides information to the audience.
Here is a list of the major digital marketing tools through which you can do digital marketing:
1. SEO: The most popular technique for digital marketing
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It is a technique used to improve the rankings and visibility of your website in the organic or unpaid search results. SEO is of two types: On Page SEO and Off Page SEO.
On Page SEO includes:
- Website Optimization: Optimizing URLs, title tags, meta tags, meta descriptions, etc. Website optimization is done to make it easier for crawlers to understand your website.
- Content Optimization: Developing content for SEO includes strategically adding keywords, optimizing images, updating old content, using info-graphics, etc.
- Keyword Research: It is crucial to know what your customers browse. Using the right keywords helps you to target your customers. Tools like Google Keywords Planner, KWFinder, SEMrush, etc can be used to research and select the best keywords.
Off-Page SEO includes:
- Link Building: Building back-links is important as a website with high domain authority can boost your SERPs rankings. Both internal links and outbound links play a vital role in boosting SEO as well as in getting higher SERPs rankings.
- Social Media Marketing: It refers to promoting your brand, products or services on Social Media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. This attracts more audiences and increases traffic to your website.
- Social bookmarking: A form of online shareable bookmarking where users bookmark your web pages on bookmarking websites.
Off page SEO also includes press releases, article submission, guest posting, etc.
2. Get best results from digital marketing through SEM
Search Engine Marketing is the process of gaining web traffic through paid ads on search engines which target users based on keywords. SEM is sometimes also referred to as PPC or pay per click marketing. This is because advertisers have to pay when their ad is licked by the search engine users.
One of the benefits of PPC ads is that they can be customized to target a specific type of audience. SEM is flexible, increases visibility, and provide instant results. SEM is provided by:
- Google AdWords: AdWords is a paid marketing service where advertisers pay to get their ads displayed to the users of Google and Google’s network partners. Visit our blog on ‘ADVERTISING ON GOOGLE ADS: BENEFITS AND WORKING‘ to know more about the benefits of using Google AdWords.
- Bing Ads: It is a marketing service which allows users to run PPC ads on Bing search engine.
- Yahoo search ads: A marketing service by Yahoo to run PPC ads on the search engine of Yahoo.
3. Bulk Marketing: The easiest digital marketing tool
It is a technique where emails or SMSs are sent to a number of people at the same time for promotional purposes.
- Email Marketing: For a successful email marketing strategy, it is important to have a sizeable list of leads. Leads can be generated from your website and thus you can grow your email lists. So, if your email message is strong and eye-catching, then your email marketing strategy will definitely work.
Marketing emails are usually categorized in two types: Engagement emails (Welcome emails, tutorial emails, case studies, etc.) and Transactional emails (Time bound promotions or discounts, cart abandonment reminders, receipts, follow up emails, review requests, etc.).
Go through our blog on ‘E-MAIL MARKETING: IMPORTANCE, TOOLS, AND TIPS‘ to see how email marketing can prove to be an effective medium for marketing communication.
- SMS marketing: Marketing through SMSs requires a low budget. SMSs are usually read within 10 minutes of being sent, the open rate is high, customers act on messages more than they do on emails, and SMS marketing strategies produce results. For an SMS marketing strategy to succeed it is important to provide a good value proposition, create a sense of urgency, make sure to personalize the messages, and include CTAs.
4. Make use of videos for digital marketing
Video marketing is the process of promoting your brand through the medium of videos. As you know, videos can improve your SEO, boost conversion rates, are easily accessible on all kinds of devices, and are impactful. The major types of marketing videos are:
- Brand videos: These videos showcase a brand’s products, services, visions, mission, etc. Hence, it is an effective way to attract the audience and build awareness.
- Demonstration videos: Create videos showcasing how your products work. Videos that show a product in action are sure to attract customers more.
- How To videos: Creating How To Videos can be used to educate the audience and to show them the characteristics of a product that the company has to offer.
- Interviews: Posting interviews with experts is a good way to enhance your credibility and the customer’s trust.
- Testimonial videos: Testimonial from happy customers are a sure way to appeal to people and compel them to buy your products.
Looking to get a video made for your brand? View the video production services offered by Uni Square Concepts. If you wish to look at the videos created by us, click here.
5. Content Marketing:
Content marketing is a marketing technique where the content is of value to the audience. Here, the content is is distributed without the intent of promotion. Content writing generates brand awareness, increases visibility, trust and conversion rates, generates website traffic, improves SEO, etc. It is an excellent way to increase your reach and online presence. To make content marketing effective, it is important to create valuable content. Content marketing can be done through:
- Blogs: Create blogs that are interesting, engaging, entertaining and educating. Blogs are a good way to attract people and make them aware of the presence of your brand. While looking for information, if they come across your blog and find it valuable, they are sure to check out the services you offer.
Visit our blog on ‘THE MOST RESOURCEFUL CONTENT WRITING TOOLS AVAILABLE ONLINE‘ which can help in building professional content for the targeted market group.
- Infographics: Infographics are visual representations that present data in an easily understandable form. They present information in a unique and interesting way. Infographics are effective marketing tools because they leave a lasting impact on the viewers. Since infographics can be shared easily and are linkable, they can be shared to spread brand awareness.
- Videos: Videos are a good way to present content to your audience. A lot of people these days prefer to watch videos that explain things to them instead of reading. Posting quality videos can easily make your brand stand out and increase your conversions.
- Case Studies: Case studies are interesting and since they are based on reality, people tend to find them valuable.
Digital marketing is basically used to create healthy relationships with your customers and to retain them. It is a good way to establish your online presence and raise brand awareness. Therefore, it is important to know that with digital marketing, testing and experimenting organizations can earn the best results.
This is because what might work for some organizations may not work for others. So, to keep an eye out on the statistics and to make necessary changes can help marketers to achieve their goals better.
The digital marketing tools mentioned are fundamental that can help you to gain leads, to promote your brand and to establish healthy customer relationships.