Are you a content writer who is unsure about the best grammar editors available on the digital market? It is true that being a writer involves the use of impeccable grammar. Do you struggle with grammatical errors? We have made a list of all the free online grammar checker tools that will help you become a better writer.
The grammar indicates how you arrange the words in your sentences. These arrangements have to be in a particular sequence so that the reader perceives the intended meanings in the passages. Spelling the words correctly is also a part of grammar. You have to go about it in a careful manner to avoid errors, especially while providing professional services like writing professional website content or freelancing content writing.
Many people get confused with English grammar since it is a complex area. To get help in this matter, you can try the free online grammar checker tools. They are easy to use and very time-efficient. We have made a list of all the best grammar editors available online you can use.
Writer is a top online grammar editor, meant to be used by enterprises. It promotes itself as a writing assistant for companies, rather than just being a grammar checker. This online tool is backed by AI and is best suited to help you in being consistent with your team members, across the entire company.
- Features: Writer provides multiple features for its users. Apart from acting as an online grammar checker, Writer distinguishes itself by also helping with Style guides and Terminology. Besides, the security tools of Writer help in keeping the content secure and safe. Writer also provides extensions for integrating with Google Chrome, Google Docs and Microsoft Word.
- Accuracy: Our team was happy with the accuracy provided by Writer. It was able to identify mistakes, big and small. It uses artificial intelligence techniques like deep learning, helping it to become one of the best grammar editors available online.
- Pricing: Although you can avail a 14 day free trial of the software, Writer does not offer a free version. The trial does not require any credit card for signing up. The premium version starts from $49 per month and offers a concession for the annual version. Writer also offers an option to customize the plans for the enterprise customers.
Grammarly is by far one of the best grammar editors available online. It is used by people who write professionally. It is very detailed in its work and it is the preferred tool for most professionals. This online tool for checking grammar provides a variety of functions to help improve your writing skills.
- Features: It corrects repetitive and misspelled words. It also corrects comma splice. This online tool for checking grammar indicates if your adjective is weak and suggests alternatives and thus helps you improve your writing style. It can be used in all browsers such as Google Chrome, Safari, Edge, and Firefox. Grammarly is also compatible with Microsoft Office on Windows.
- Accuracy: It shows the tiniest mistake that might have been overlooked by other tools. It has a 60% detection rate when it comes to detecting grammar, making it one of the best grammar editors available online.
- Pricing: It has both a free and a premium version. The premium version costs a little under $30 for the premium monthly version and $139.95 for the annual version.
Uni Square Concepts provides professional writing services including website content, articles & blogs, etc. and extensively uses Grammarly to keep a check and overcome the grammatical errors.
Hemingway Editor is another free online grammar checker tool that helps you with your grammar. It is used by writers and other professionals for grammar checking. It adds boldness and clarity to your work and also detects if you’re deviating from your tone of writing.
- Features: Hemingway locates your grammatical errors and spelling mistakes. It locates weak adverbs and passive voice sentences and gives alternate suggestions. The free online grammar checker tool indicates sentences that are hard to understand and too complicated, thus improving your writing style and readability of your work, for which it also assigns a readability grade to your work. It works with Microsoft Word. You can publish your work directly after editing it on Hemingway.
- Accuracy: It color codes your grammatical errors and spelling mistakes. It picks up mistakes effectively and offers alternatives.
- Pricing: Hemingway has both a free and a premium version. The premium version of this online tool for checking grammar is priced at $19.99 for both Mac and PC.
This online tool for checking grammar is mainly used by writers and bloggers who publish their work over the internet. StackEdit works on improving your writing style and tone. It also stores all your documents online, so that you may access them at your convenience, online.
- Features: StackEdit checks your grammar and has a ‘spell check’ device to check your spellings and show alternative suggestions. It even shows spelling suggestions for multilingual writers. It has an offline mode for offline usage. The platform connects directly to Blogger, GitHub, Tumblr, WordPress, etc. It can be connected with Dropbox or Google Drive to save your documents there.
- Accuracy: StackEdit is a better version of Wordpad or Notepad on your computer, but it cannot compete when it comes to autocorrect facilities provided by MS word.
- Pricing: It is a free online grammar checker tool.
Calmly Writer is a writing tool mostly used by professional writers. It claims to keep you calm and focused while you’re writing. Mainly a text editor, its primary focus lies in your writing tone. It provides a calm, unobstructed environment for writers to concentrate on their writing.
- Features: This online tool for checking grammar has an auto-correct facility that corrects your spellings and basic grammar errors. It has a wide range of formatting options to help you format your text. It connects to your Google Drive or Dropbox to save the written documents and also offers a good choice of layouts for your work. Lastly, it has a dark mode that users can opt for if they want to write against a black backdrop. Its formats are mainly available in HTML, plain text, markdown and Microsoft Word. Calmly Writer has an Open dyslexic mode to help users with dyslexia.
- Accuracy: Calmly Writer is a savvy tool and quite effectively marks out spelling errors and basic grammar errors. It is not as good as Grammarly.
- Pricing: It is a free online grammar checker tool.
Although you may have the best grammar editors available online, it is ultimately your creativity and originality that will take you forward. They are just tools to polish your work and you can read more about other helpful tools in our blog: ‘The most resourceful content writing tools available online’. You need to be well-researched and dedicated in order to produce good work. After assessing the above analysis, our pick for you is Grammarly. Its compatibility with other browsers and software is unparalleled and the paid versions’ features are worth to try.
Although, you can also make a career if you think you can do better in providing editing services than these tools. Read our blog: ‘Top 6 skills required to provide editing services’ and see if you have what it takes to be a professional editor.
FOR OTHER RELATED TOPICS, CHECK THE ABSOLUTE GUIDE TO BLOG WRITING.