Content writing as a profession is in the spotlight these days. But people have a lot of questions and doubts regarding content writing. This blog talks about topics such as scope of content writing in India, famous content writers, challenges faced by content writers etc. This blog will help you find answers of many questions related to content writing as a profession.
Challenges faced by content writers continue for a pretty long time. Not to forget, content writing has many advantages and perks too. Many people aspire of becoming a content writer. The scope of content writing is increasing day by day. A content writer enjoys fame as well. Let us discuss about all the aspects one by one.
Scope of content writing in India
Anyone who is thinking of becoming a content writer needs to know this. Content writing is one of the most demanded professions in India. The scope of content writing in India is multiplying each day. A content writer is required in almost every field these days. Here is a list of some of the areas where content writers are required the most.
- Digital marketing – Content writers are the most essential part of digital marketing. Basically, digital marketing is marketing of products using technology, especially internet. Content writers are required to write promotional content. Check out this blog about PROFESSIONAL MARKETING WRITING, DIFFERENT FROM CONTENT WRITING.
- SEO – Search Engine Optimization is the process of increasing online visibility of a website/ webpage. Content writers write seo friendly content that improves the SERP’s ranking. Have a look at the IMPORTANCE OF SEO CONTENT WRITERS IN TODAY’S WORLD.
- Journalism – News agencies require content writers to update their websites with new information and news every now and then. Such content writers should have some journalism skills. So the scope of content writing in India includes the field of journalism as well.
- Marketing– Companies hire content writers to market their products. Writers write promotional content for such companies. This is done to boost sales by advertising.
- Freelancer– A freelancer is someone who is self-employed. He writes content for various companies. He is not necessarily committed to a single company. Freelancers charge fee as per their work.
Famous and popular content writers at present
There are a number of famous content writers in the corporate world. Such writers have drawn a very decent image. Getting famous in content writing demands a lot of hard work, challenges, and to patient enough. Those who have created an excellent image enjoy a lot of fame too. These people have witnessed the scope of content writing in India. They charge high fee and generally work as freelancers. Down below are three very famous content writers of India.
- Mukti Masih– Mukti has an experience of more than 14 years. She works as a freelancer. She has also worked as a journalist before. This experience allows her to work even for news agencies.
- Priyanka Desai – Priyanka works as a content marketer. She writes content for companies to market their product.
- Bhawna Aggarwal– Bhawna is an engineer, a freelancer and an entrepreneur. She works with a team or 20+ writers to provide her services. She is appreciably creative with her writings.
Challenges and hardships faced by content writers
Since there is a lot of scope and fame in content writing, there are hardships too. A content writer has to face numerous challenges before he succeeds. All the famous content writers have gone through these challenges. Let us have a look at the challenges faced by content writers.
- Rejection – A content writer has to face rejection may be ‘n’ number of times. It takes a lot of courage, self confidence and belief to continue working. A content writer has to gracefully accept all the rejections. Rejection is an inevitable challenge faced by a content writer. It is the most difficult and the most significant obstacle.
- Low pay – A content writer gets a decent pay once he settles with his career. But in the struggling stage, he has to cope up with low income. It takes a good amount of experience for a writer to get a handsome fee and here’s HOW MUCH SALARY ONE CAN MAKE AS A CONTENT WRITER?
- No regular work – The challenges faced by a content writer includes not being able to have consistent work. A struggling content writer does not get regular work. He has to put in a great effort to receive consistent work. Not getting sufficient work lowers the confidence level and wastes good deal of time.
- Edit, edit and edit! – Developing up to the full potential requires time. Until the time a content writer becomes almost perfect, he has to do way too many edits. One or the other thing is always lacking. There is some error somewhere in the text. Some information is missing. These reasons continue for a very long time and he has to edit. Patience is the key! Here are some of the HARROWING CHALLENGES OF A FREELANCE EDITOR & HOW TO OVERCOME THEM.
- Less knowledge – A content writer has to work upon a number of projects. He has to write about so many distinct topics. He might or might not have proper knowledge regarding the topic. This can result in not having in-depth information about the topic. Not being able to write about something is indeed a challenge.
Outcome & rewards of content writer’s hard work
Since there is a lot of struggle in content writing, the outcome is equal. You have to invest your time, energy, concentration and yourself in content writing. At times, content writing is tiring. A struggling content writer often gets the urge to give up. But with proper patience and calm attitude, results can be achieved. The challenges faced by a content writer pay off at last. Here are the results.
- Offers! – Once the struggle period is over, you will not face rejections. Instead of rejections, you will have offers. Companies themselves will come to you. Or we can say that you will not have to struggle a lot to find work. People would rather appreciate your work.
- High pay – Freelancers with good experience charge high fee. Many freelancers charge as per words. Many others charge as per the time consumed. A lot of content writers charge fee even for editing their own content.
- Abundance of knowledge – Experience in content writing can bring ample of knowledge to you. Writing content calls for research and studies. In the process of becoming a good writer, a person learns a lot. Learning is worth everything. You may also like to read our blog on LIFELONG LEARNING DESIRE: THE KEY TO SUCCESS.
Comparison of challenges and results. Is it worth it?
Undoubtedly, there is abundance of obstacles in content writing. A person has to struggle through the challenges faced by a content writer to become a successful writer. But the scope of content writing in India is not limited.
Anybody who has the potential will make it till the end. A person willing to improve and learn can do great in content writing. Results also include many benefits and perks. The success and fame offered in this field are satisfactory. Efforts will not go in vain. Content writing, overall, is worth the hardships. In our next blog, we discuss the 10 TIPS FROM A PERFECTIONIST TO ENHANCE YOUR SKILLS IN WEBSITE CONTENT WRITING.