Search engines are the most crucial source of organic traffic, leads, and customers for any website. Thus, optimizing for search engines is one of the most effective lead generation tactics using digital marketing. You can also do Search engine optimization manually. But, for WordPress websites, you have the plugins to help. This blog lists the best SEO plugins for WordPress.
Search engine optimization can be a bit confusing, as the techniques to maintain a well-optimized website keep on being updated and improved. In case a website owner does not have knowledge about optimization, it can cause damage to the rankings and credibility.
However, for search engine optimization on WordPress based websites, all you have to do is to add plugins to help manage SEO. The best SEO plugins for WordPress mentioned below will help you to improve your website’s search engine rankings.
1. Yoast SEO: Best SEO plugin for WordPress
Yoast SEO is counted among the best SEO plugins for WordPress. It has over 5 million active installations and has an average rating of 4.9 out of 5. It is available in 37 languages and is equipped with a number of features. Hence, it is always a safe bet.
- Key features: Yoast SEO allows website owners to create breadcrumbs and XML sitemaps. You can optimize both title tags and meta tags. Next, this plugin also provides website SEO analysis. You can know how well your website is optimized as Yoast SEO checks meta description, keyword uses and content.
- Pros: Yoast SEO is compatible with a number of websites. Importantly, it provides a variety of features. It has an easy user interface and is extremely easy to use.
- Cons: One of the major drawbacks is that there might be a potential decrease in website speed as all features get activated at once. In fact, there is also a risk of some security threats.
- Price: Yoast SEO is available as free open-source software. The premium version costs $89 for one website.
2. One of the best SEO plugins for WordPress: SEOpressor
SEOpressor has been developed in accordance with the latest Google algorithmic trends. This is a premium plugin, and you probably won’t need any other SEO plugin if you have this installed.
- Key features: This plugin allows you to monitor keywords, supports LSI keywords and rich snippets. It also has automatic internal linking, automatic tag generator, XML sitemap generator and also gives a Flesch Kincaid readability score and other readability scores of your website content.
- Pros: It is a complete SEO plugin that can help you to increase the ranking of the WordPress website. Moreover, it has a 60 days money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the plugin.
- Cons: Not really user-friendly for beginners, you need an understanding of SEO to know how to work it. It is only available at a premium plugin.
- Price: Subscription starts at $9 per month.
3. SEO ultimate is also one of the best SEO plugins for WordPress
SEO ultimate is a great tool for Search Engine Optimisation on WordPress. With a number of features available, you can easily use it to optimize a website.
- Key features: Some of its best features include 404 monitor, script insertion, file editor, meta description editor, robots tag editor, nofollow manager, and rich snippet creator. Even, it has the feature of rewriting search engine friendly title tags for your pages, posts, and categories.
- Pros: It is easy to use and you can install only those features, which you require.
- Cons: It is a bit complicated for beginners. So, if you are a newbie too, do check our next blog to LEARN SEO: A BEGINNER’S MANUAL. Also, if you want to get your website handled by experts, click here to check the SEO services provided by us.
- Price: It is available for free and the premium version costs $49 for a single website.
4. AMP for WP is among the best SEO plugins for WordPress
This plugin adds AMP functionality to your website and makes your website faster for mobile users.
- Key features: Key features of this plugin include custom AMP editor, Google analytics support, and it empowers your website by providing faster user experience. Along with good UX, you must focus on the user interface (UI) of your website too. To know HOW TO USE UI DESIGN OF A WEBSITE TO ATTRACT CUSTOMERS, read this blog.
- Pros: No coding knowledge required
- Cons: It is not very easy to implement and has limited functionality.
- Price: Free
5. W3 total cache
- Key features: It is a great plugin to increase the ranking of WordPress website. Key features include AMP support, SSL support, local caching, and progressive rendering.
- Pros: Can help to improve user experience. Hence, aiding to increase the website engagement.
- Cons: Not easy to use and the free version comes with limited support.
- Price: There is a free version while the paid version costs $200 onwards.
6. Sixth best SEO plugin for WordPress: SEO by Squirrly
SEO by Squirrly is a suitable option for the non-experts. There are a number of plugins available which you can use to optimize your website. It can check the most important factors which affect rankings like Internal Links and URL optimization to name a few.
- Key features: It tracks every aspect of the content marketing strategy, monitors progress weekly. Also, it gives suggestions for headlines based on keywords.
- Pros: It is extremely user-friendly. Besides this, it has a guide that can help you to learn the features to further improve SEO.
- Cons: Some features are not available in the free version. Because of which, the paid version is promoted.
- Price: There is a free version available. There are two premium versions, Pro which costs $29.99 per month and Business which costs $71.99 per month.
You must be aware, there are hundreds of WordPress plugins for SEO available on the internet. Most of the plugins are free to use. These plugins let website owners do proper Search Engine Optimisation. The above-mentioned 6 plugins are the most used and best SEO plugins for WordPress. Also, do ensure not to use too many plugins as they can slow down the speed of your website.