Running a mobile app business is not an easy task. It is a work full of anxiety and stress. We are here to give you relief, by providing you a tested and proven experts’ handbook on how to market a newly launched application. This article will act as your mentor and will help you to attract people to your application.
A profitable business depends on a wide number of elements. The major element, of course, is the ‘marketing mix’. Marketing mix is a combination of factors and tools that an organisation uses to influence the customers to buy its products and services. It is a complex work and requires a detailed strategy. Here is the handbook on how to market a newly launched application.
Watch the video, or continue reading.
Google Ads (Adwords)
Google ads is an online advertising service, where advertisers pay to display their products or services within the Google ad network. You can advertise your newly launched mobile application online via this platform. It is very cost effective as you only pay when someone clicks on your advertisements. Google Adwords’ targeting capabilities are well structured and sophisticated, therefore, you can improve your mobile app marketing strategy.
Google Ads also provide an option for creating a campaign using their Universal App Download objective. Under this option the algorithms of Google, automatically optimise the targeting, bringing in the highest number of downloads at the lowest price. Still not sure? read our blog: ‘Advertising on google ads: benefits and working’ and make an informed decision.
Creating Network of Campus Ambassadors
If you are confused about how to market a newly launched application, then you should make use of a network of campus ambassadors. A campus ambassador is a person (generally a college student), who represents the brand in his institution, in this case, your app.
Here are some points to keep in mind while recruiting a campus ambassador:
- Put on an application where students can apply. E.g.- Internship sites.
- Call the candidates for taking their interview and completing other recruitment other formalities.
- The best candidates can then be appointed as the campus ambassadors in their respective institutions.
This is a great mobile app marketing strategy to sensitise and attract users to your app. It provides a solution for the confusion about how to market a newly launched application. We at Uni Square Concepts are efficient in hiring and managing interns for our clients. Our company has increased downloads of many applications, using this technique. Contact us now if you wish to know more about this service offered by us in this domain.
Sponsorship to College Events
This is the best offline tactic of promotion, which can give you a marketing edge in the mobile app marketing strategy if your app is catered towards the youth. By sponsoring college events like the freshers party, farewell function or other college fests, you increase can the base of the users of your mobile application. Sponsoring a college may not be very cost-effective, but will help you market your new mobile application.
Collaboration with Different Sites
This is the era of smartphones! Exploit its use to the maximum and structure your mobile app marketing strategy accordingly. Collaborate with different sites to promote your newly launched mobile application. To increase the users of your app, you can get involved with some famous sites, which will showcase your app to its audience.
This is one of the most cost-effective mobile app marketing strategies. If a valued website publicly posts a good review for your application, it will induce people to give your app a try. It will help you connect with users, which will increase your profits at zero cost.
Use of Social Media
Social media is a great tool to promote your newly launched mobile application. Today, people are engaged in social media day and night. Route your mobile app marketing strategy through social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. Explore the potential of these social networking service providers through social media marketing. Paid advertisements have also become possible through social media. Opportunities are vast and this medium will fetch you customers’ attention in less time.
The major podiums where you can demonstrate your app are:
- Facebook: Facebook is a social media platform, which is accessed by people of almost every age group. It is a place where people come for entertainment. Take good advantage of it by creating a facebook page to promote your newly launched mobile application. You can make facebook videos and share them in other groups related to the central idea of your app. Read more about it at our blog: ‘A detailed guide to learn Facebook Marketing’.
- Instagram: After Facebook, the most widely used social media site is Instagram. You can post pictures and videos for your app by creating a page. Holding a hashtag contest on your Instagram page is a great mobile app marketing strategy. Moreover, it results in building interest among people for your mobile application.
- Youtube: This is a great mobile app marketing strategy site. You can create your channel and increase the awareness about your newly launched mobile application by uploading videos and tutorials.
If you think that handling the social media marketing of your app all by your own might be challenging, then contact us for availing professional assistance. Click here to know more about the digital marketing services offered by Uni Square Concepts.
Attractive App Features
Every strategy will fail if your application isn’t that engaging. You should think out of the box and be creative with your application features. Make your app logo eye-catching. It is one of the most important mobile app marketing strategies. Thinking about how to make your application different from others? Here are some key points that you should keep in mind while developing your app:
- Make use of user-friendly colours.
- Make sure you provide offline functioning of the app.
- Have leaderboard feature.
- Be simple, and elegant.
- Ensure the loading times. Your app shouldn’t be slow.
Marketing with Ongoing Trends
Always consider the ongoing trends, while devising an advertising strategy. For instance, if it’s the FIFA season, try indulging in some activities related to it. Base your marketing tactics on FIFA scores, important news related to it, etc. This strategy will help to tap a lot of people as it makes use of their interests.
This is all about the major mobile app marketing strategies. It is very important for a newly established app to garner the right attention and customer base. There are a few tips on another marketing strategy which you can use. Read about it on our blog: ‘Guerrilla Marketing: History, origin and modern day application’. Follow these marketing tips to reach to your potential users. Share your thoughts on How to market a newly launched application below on comments too.